How to apply for registration of real estate broker (DHSUD)


If you want to start selling house and lots, you'll need to have statement compliance and show a variety of credentials that you're qualified to do so in order to meet the international standard for real estate brokers. A real estate broker's license may be obtained by completing a number of different types of courses and seminars. To sell other people's homes, you'll need a real estate broker's license, which you may get by completing an application.

Get a BS REM Degree

As a broker, you'll need to put in a lot of hard work to succeed. Before you may sit for the Real Estate Licensing Exams and get the registration of real estate brokers, you must meet a series of prerequisites. A Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management degree or BS REM is one of them.

Searching for a college or university that offers this kind of program? The Philippines already has several colleges and universities that offer BS REM courses. Some of the most prestigious schools in the country that offer this course are:

For Luzon
  • New Era University in Quezon City

  • Trinity University of Asia Quezon City

  • De La Salle University – College of St. Benilde in Manila

For Visayas
  • Central Philippine University in Iloilo City

  •  STI Colleges in Jaro, Iloilo City

  • University of Cebu in Cebu City, Cebu

For Mindanao
  • Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan in Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental

  • Holy Cross of Davao College in Poblacion, Davao City

  • Saint Joseph Institute of Technology in Butuan City, Agusan del Norte

Obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management or BS REM degree enables you to apply for certification via the Professional Regulation Commission or PRC and soon get the registration of real estate brokers.

Registration for Professional Regulation Commission or PRC

With your diploma in BS REM, you are now entitled to register in the Professional Regulation Commission or PRC. This is an important step in order for you to be able to take the Real Estate Licensure Examinations.  So, make sure to submit all the requirements on time to avoid the hassle of delaying your licensure test.

Below are some of the requirements you would need to prepare for your PRC Registration:

  • Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Management (BS REM) Diploma

  • NSO or PSA Birth Certificate

  • NSO or PSA Marriage Contract (For Married Female Applicants)

  • Transcript of Records with Scanned Picture “For Board Examination Purposes”

  • Cash for the payment fee

  • Valid NBI Clearance (this needed for both First Timers & Repeaters)

A permit would be issued to you after your application has been approved by PRC's Board of Real Estate Service. This permit signifies that you are already qualified to take the licensure test for real estate brokers.

Get a passing score for the Real Estate Licensure Examinations

Remember and take note of your scheduled date in taking the exams and prepare for it by studying well. When you pass the Real Estate Licensure Examinations, you will be required to submit another set of documents. Make sure to prefer these requirements ahead of time to avoid any hassle:

  • Photocopy of Birth Certificate

  • Clearance from The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)

  • Community Tax Certificate

  • Four Passport-Sized Pictures Getting your certification from

PRC can now entitle you to register as a real estate broker in the Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development formerly HLURB.


The Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development DHSUD

For housing and human settlement management in general, as well as urban development, the Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development DHSUD, is the government agency to turn to.

DHSUD was established by Republic Act (RA) 11201 on February 14, 2019, to fulfill the merged activities of the defunct Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) and Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB).

It is DHSUD's responsibility to ensure that all Filipinos have access to safe, decent housing that is not only affordable but also resilient to natural disasters and climate change. This is especially important for the country's most vulnerable residents and those who earn less than the median income.

Brokers and salespersons registration are already available for yearly renewal which began last November 2020 with the DHSUD (formerly HLURB).


Applying for Real Estate Broker Registration at DHSUD

Finally, you are now one step away from becoming a licensed real estate broker and practicing your profession—not to mention enjoying all the perks and incentives that it brings! Below are the guideline you need to follow in applying for a Real Estate Broker License at DHSUD:


Step 1. Prepare all the needed requirements.
  1. Signed and filled out Application Form for Registration of Real Estate Broker. You can download the application here.

  2. Two (2) 2×2 colored pictures; one for the application form and the other one for the photo signature sheet.

  3. Photo signature sheet

  4. Aside from the Photo signature sheet, you must also prepare a photocopy of PRC ID and Certificate of Registration (COR)

  5. Photocopy of your last year’s DHSUD (HLURB) official receipt (OR).

  6. Photocopy of the Php 5,000 Cash bond OR or Surety Bond.

Step 2. Present all of the requirements for evaluation of the person-in-charge.

Keep your original documents on hand in case they're needed for verification. On the other hand, if you are applying for a renewal, don't forget to renew your registration at the DHSUD (HLURB) branch where you first signed up or originally registered.

Step 3. Pay Php 720 at the counter with your Order of Payment slip.

The order payment slip will be provided to you after all conditions have been met and you've paid at the cashier. To minimize any unnecessary delays, please ensure that you have an exact amount of Php 720 for the payment.

Step 4. Photocopy your receipt and submit it.

A photocopy of your Official Receipt should be sent in together with your original to the appropriate staff member. You will also be prompted to provide your personal information.

Step 5. The Provisional Certificate of Registration will be sent to you via email.

Your registered email address will be used in issuing your provisional registration certificate.


Congratulations! You are now a licensed real estate broker! If you’re searching for a credible and trusted real estate properties developer in the Philippines that has a great track record of sales, then you must check out Lumina Homes. It is a housing segment from Vista Land that delivers quality house and lot packages to every Filipino by committing itself to remain innovative in the real estate industry.

Be part of the Lumina Homes family now and enjoy the perks of being a licensed real estate broker!